Pre-paid or help now?
Capital Life are here to help with Probate, in order to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
There are 2 ways to pay for probate with Capital Life, either when you need it or you can pay in advance via our Pre-Paid Probate Plans and save thousands.
Help with Probate now – “At need”
For those who don’t have a plan, Capital Life charge a percentage of all of your assets (property and belongings) which is valued at the time of need, so it is important for you to understand the likely value before making a decision whether or not to wait until death or pay in advance. The UIC care guide states Probate costs of 5% using a typical solicitor, so our fee of 3.95% of the Estate Value offers significant savings at the time of need.
The table below details the potential charges based on the value of your Estate at the time of need:
|Estate value||Up to £325,000||£325,000 – £650,000||Above £650,000|
|Capital Life charges||3.95%||3.95%||3.95%|
|Potential cost||£12,837.50 plus VAT||£25,675 plus VAT||£39,500 plus VAT*|
*Based on a total estate value of £1million
In all cases a minimum fee of £2500 plus VAT and Disbursements will apply to any Probate work requiring full Estate Administration.
Pre-paid Probate Plans
Should you wish to Pre-Pay for your Probate by purchasing a Pre-Paid Probate Plan, your loved ones could save thousands. Below is an illustration of how it works:
|Plan Type||Bronze||Silver||Gold||Future Saver|
|Estate value at time of plan purchase||Up to £325,000||£325,000 – £650,000||£650,000 – £1,250,000||>£25,000|
|Capital Life charges||£5,995||£7,995||£9,995||From £19.99/month|
Included in every plan is the following:
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate
- Contacting all beneficiaries and providing regular updates
- Accounting for any and all monies spent
- Liaising directly with HMRC to ensure all Tax and VAT issues are resolved
- Claiming life insurance where required
- Closing down all bank accounts
- Closing down all gas, electric and water accounts
- Closing down all any mobile phone, landline and broadband accounts
- Contacting any creditor and closing down accounts
- Contacting local council to notify of change to Council Tax
- Contacting mortgage company or landlord (where required)
- Holding any money in a secure client account and ensuring that is monitored, audited and made available to beneficiaries for their peace of mind
- If required, arranging valuations on property and listing for sale
- What (if any) private pensions do you hold and their approximate value?
- What other assets do you own – such as cars, jewellery or other valuable items and their approximate value?
NOT Included in your plan:
- Cost of listing property for sale with an Estate Agent or similar
- Land registry searches
- Any cost not related to the Probate such as conveyancing, stamp duty or other applicable taxes
- If Probate is contested, the cost of this will be met by the person(s) contesting
- Other disbursements as per our Terms and Conditions (see below)
- Please see our Additional Considerations Sheet (see below)
IMPORTANT: If your estate value at the time of death is MORE than the value of the purchased plan, an additional fee of 1.95% of the difference in values will be charged.
Mrs Smith buys a Probate Plan in 2022 for £5,995. This covers her Estate up to the value of £325,000. However, at the time of her death, her estate is worth £500,000; Capital Life will charge the Estate 1.95% of the difference between £325,000 and £500,000 totalling £3412.50. This amount will be paid out from the Estate, however the beneficiaries would, in this instance still save £10,612.50, as the cost for Probate “at need” would have been £19,750 (3.95% of £500,000)
Call us on 0800 411 8690 to see how Capital Life can help you with all your Probate and Inheritance Planning needs
Or click here to fill out a short form to arrange a FREE Inheritance Planning Review at a time to suit you